The FreeBSD Foundation has launched #DonatedtoFreeBSD Post & Boast – a social media contest to help increase FreeBSD awareness via social media, raise some funds in the process via donation, and elevate the FreeBSD community pride.
Contest begins November 2, 2017 and runs until November 22, 2017. Prizes will be awarded to the most unique, inspirational, or creative photo. Contest details found below.
Let’s show off FreeBSD and help raise some money while we’re at it!
- Stuck one of the FreeBSD tattoos on your arms during a conference? Show it off and snap a photo of it!
- Hiking the Himalayas? Be sure to take a photo with a FreeBSD item in it.
- Noticed someone carrying the FreeBSD backpack while riding the subway? Click a photo of it because we’re running a contest that could land you one of three cool prizes!*
All you have to do is POST your photo along with a BOAST that you’ve donated using the hashtag: #DonatedtoFreeBSD
How does it work?
- Snap a photo that shows any FreeBSD swag on a person, item, or in front of a cityscape or picturesque background. FreeBSD swag can be the FreeBSD sticker, Beastie doll, apparel, tattoo, bag, etc.
- Donate at least USD $20 to this link: https://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/
- Post your photo on social media and be sure include this hashtag: #DonatedtoFreeBSD
The FreeBSD Foundation will share your posts on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. The more unique, inspirational, or creative your photo is, the more likely you will win one of the prizes! At the end of the contest, winners will be announced via social media.
- Open for anyone to participate 18 years or older.
- Donations must be at least USD $20, in order to be entered into the contest.
- Please do not stick FreeBSD stickers on prohibited areas.
- Photos must not contain nudity or any lewd behavior.
- Winners will be informed via social media. Winners have 30 days to respond, in order to receive the prize. After 30 days, if the winner has not responded, the FreeBSD Foundation will select another winner.
- Prizes will be shipped to them after contest has ended.
The FreeBSD Foundation is a 501(c)(3), US based, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and promoting the FreeBSD Project and community worldwide. Funding comes from individual and corporate donations and is used to fund and manage projects, fund conferences and developer summits, and provide travel grants to FreeBSD developers.
*Prizes will be announced shortly.
Go to Source
Author: Grace Mor
Powered by WPeMatico